Thursday, February 28, 2008

My Patterns

I know some of you have been waiting for my patterns to be available. Part of the reason for the delay is I had some of my pieces waiting to see if they would be published first in a magazine. The Dashing Nines has been turned down at this time, so I will now publish it myself. Well actually it wasn't turned down. It was more I wanted the magazine to choose between the two designs Batiks by Design(BBD) and I had submitted so I could publish the other design. Another of my designs, that I have not shown to you is still being considered. I need to get them some additional information. I can tell you this much, if it is published in "the magazine" it won't happen before the Nov/Dec issue. I will keep you informed.

My patterns will be released soon and you may get them from Batiks by Design using the link to the left under My Patterns or directly from me. The first two patterns will be available early next week. I need to do a bit more work to have them just right. Well just right in my eyes.

I worked this morning for Patti at BBD. I finished cutting and packaging a couple of orders then started serging the edges of fabric we are going to wash to put into kits. Patti is going to offer a couple of patterns with prewashed fabrics to see if her customers like them that way. It does take more energy and time on our part, but if they sell we may make more.

After leaving work Bill and I went out to lunch. We try to do that on Thursdays, because it gives us good husband and wife time. Sometimes we will also do some shopping, but today we went to the cemetary. I received a survey from the one of the local cemetarys. I filled it out only because we would get a two night stay in one of several hotels around the country. I know it is a come on, but I can listen to someone for an hour or so to save some money when traveling. I knew we would have to talk to the sales person, but I was honest on the survey indicating that we already had cemetary plots. They didn't ask me where they are located. Actually I have two cemetary plots. One in Ohio, which also has a casket and vault already bought, and a pair that my husband and I have in Wisconsin. We will be using the ones in Wisconsin. Anyway to make the long story short we now have two nights in a hotel to use before September 2009. The sales person was nice and did answer some questions I had about disposing of the plot I own but won't be using.

Tonight I started collecting materials needed for a machine quilting class I am taking Saturday. I know how to machine quilt, but it is nice to practice, learn another person's methods and be with others also in the class.

Tomorrow night Bill and I are having dinner with his sister and brother-in-law. They are passing through our area on their way home to WI from AL. They spent most of the winter in AL. Several couples from WI rent cabins in a state park and enjoy all the activities offered in the area. They picked a great winter to be away from WI, as WI had record snows, winds and temperatures this winter. I'm looking forward to seeing them again.

Well I need to work again tomorrow, so I best get to bed.

Peggy

No comments: